Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marwanjukka91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2016
Hello, I know this question was asked too many times here so I really apologize but I need to know the answer if anyone can help! I bought an iPhone 11 Pro in SG color (Sim-Free version) and my friend went for pickup and he asked the Apple genius if they have any Midnight Green available. So the genius told him yes we have a Midnight Green one but it comes with a Spring sim card inside, all you have to do is remove the sim card before you activate this iPhone and it will work similar to the unlocked and sim free version, so is this piece of information accurate? noting that I've paid the full amount for the phone. Thanks!

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Hello, I know this question was asked too many times here so I really apologize but I need to know the answer if anyone can help! I bought an iPhone 11 Pro in SG color (Sim-Free version) and my friend went for pickup and he asked the Apple genius if they have any Midnight Green available. So the genius told him yes we have a Midnight Green one but it comes with a Spring sim card inside, all you have to do is remove the sim card before you activate this iPhone and it will work similar to the unlocked and sim free version, so is this piece of information accurate? noting that I've paid the full amount for the phone. Thanks!

Yes, if your friend paid in full from the apple store it should be unlocked, even the Sprint model. But I think the key with that is to NOT activate it with Sprint first.

Marwanjukka91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2016
Yes, you will receive an unlocked iPhone if you select any of the carrier and paid full price. Just don’t use the provided SIM card when you activate it.
And I can use it anywhere with any carrier in the world right? As I'm not from the States.

Reactions: martyjmclean

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
As long as the carrier's radio channels align with the US model. The international versions of the iPhone overlap some US channels, but not all. Suggest that you read up on the specs for the US version and the version for your region and compare.

Marwanjukka91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2016
As long as the carrier's radio channels align with the US model. The international versions of the iPhone overlap some US channels, but not all. Suggest that you read up on the specs for the US version and the version for your region and compare.
My country supports all GSM bands, so I guess this should be fine right?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
My country supports all GSM bands, so I guess this should be fine right?

It will work. You can also cross reference the LTE specs for the US compared to other region LTE bands.

Reactions: Marwanjukka91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.