Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doublebonage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2018
hey guys, i decided to finally update my phone to 12.1 from 11.9 i believe and my iphone x just kinda crapped out. i tried doing the itunes restore and reboot, no help, i tried doing the vol up vol down power button hard reset, no help, and i tried using ReiBoot, and still no help. the only time the screen decides to turn on is when the restore is going through, and it shows the apple logo and the progress bar underneath. when the progress bar is full, the phone returns to the black screen with nothing else and itunes says it has successfully been restored. i would take it to an apple store but the closest one to me is 3 hours away, and i dont have the money to get the phone fixed through the insurance. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!. (also, when i try the vol up vol down power button hard reset while the device is plugged into a computer, it makes the chime that the device has been disconnected, then reconnected as if i were to unplug and replug the lightning connector back in.)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Sounds like you've reached the DFU stage. Do a search on Google for how to put your phone into DFU mode (has to be done while the phone is connected to your computer and has a blank screen).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.