Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

022740-ragingthunder.jpg

Screenshot from Raging Thunder

iPhone gaming continues to be one of the most active sections in the App Store. There are over a thousand gaming titles for the iPhone now available. Here are a few recent favorites from TouchArcade.

BlockBreaker Deluxe 2 ($4.99) - as compared to the "official" Atari Super Breakout, this unofficial version brings more action, power-ups and fun.
RagingThunder ($7.99) - formerly a jailbreak-only game, this 3D racer successfully brings arcade racing to the iPhone.
Real Football (Soccer) 2009 ($9.99) - an impressive level of depth and gameplay, recommended for all football (soccer) fans.
Vector Blaster ($2.99) - fans of Atari's old Tempest game will love this iPhone rendition.
Papijump Plus ($0.99) - for some reason we can't get enough of this silly little game. The "plus" version offers different levels with new obstacles. If you haven't tried the free version, you should.

Article Link

steveleepete

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
its true...papijump is ridiculously lame that its so awesome. and real soccer rules. i haven't gotten around to raging thunder appstore version yet...may have to pick that one up.

itouchguy

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
Real Soccer 09 Rocks

I'm not a soccer fan by any means, but I have to admit Real Soccer 09 is awesome. Controls are a little tricky at first but in a very short time it becomes very addictive. Well worth the $9.99 price tag.
:apple:
http://www.ireviewiphoneapps.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.