Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninjaiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Hi, I have purchased 3 iPhone headphones within this year and they all keep glitching my phone up. What I mean by that is, after some time, a month or so, my apps start closing and opening, songs start to skip, replay, scroll to different times? Why is this? This was happening with my original 7 Plus and my new 7 Plus on iOS 11.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Hi, I have purchased 3 iPhone headphones within this year and they all keep glitching my phone up. What I mean by that is, after some time, a month or so, my apps start closing and opening, songs start to skip, replay, scroll to different times? Why is this? This was happening with my original 7 Plus and my new 7 Plus on iOS 11.

Yep, I've noticed the problems you mentioned with the inexpensive ear phones I use for exercising/cycling. I imagine what I should do is buy one good set instead of constantly replacing the cheaper ones. At the time I didn't think I'd want to spend much on ear phones I was just going to use for that purpose. However, I think once the current lot fails I might invest in some better ear phones. I didn't want to use the "better" models I have for every day use because of the punishment they'd receive during physical activities.

In general the better ear phones (that I use for everything else) do not fail as the other less expensive models have. The best pairs I have are the wired Apple brand (with the silicone tips) and a bluetooth pair I bought on Amazon.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Never had those issues and my headphones have gone through the washing machine a couple times.

Why don’t you bring it to an Apple store and show them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.