Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Hi folks,
I've been lurking for a few years now, but it's time to come out of my deep dark hole and tell everyone about my snazzy new iphone app. iPhoneiGTD.

This little app is not much more than an interface for my current tasks. Or your current tasks. The application reads your dot Mac synced iGTD list and shows it to you on your iPhone. You can view your tasks in context or by project.

Check it out and give me advice. It's super beta right now.

At some point I'd like to have access for creating and deleting tasks, so if anyone knows some good tips about dot Mac wecdav permissions, pleae let me know.

Drastik

organik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
you rock! I was looking for EXACTLY this! iGTD is great...

Thanks very very much!

Any possibility of being able to check off completed tasks?

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
you rock! I was looking for EXACTLY this! iGTD is great...

Thanks very very much!

Any possibility of being able to check off completed tasks?

I'd love to add in that functionality, but the location of the iGTD db on dot Mac makes it complicated. I haven't been able to establish write privileges in the directory, so saving back to the db isn't possible at this point. I'm hoping I can figure it out though.

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
Wow!

Thanks for an excellent application! I look forward to watching it mature, but it does exactly what I need for now. Thanks for your work.

Now I need to learn to use iGTD better.

Indydenny:)

macgolfer53

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
iphoneIGTD is great

Would love to have an icon for the appmarks app. Created one today from a free icon at fasticons.com. If you would like to use it you can follow the instructions at appmarks.com.

Attachments

• attentionappmarks.png
    attentionappmarks.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,324

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Would love to have an icon for the appmarks app. Created one today from a free icon at fasticons.com. If you would like to use it you can follow the instructions at appmarks.com.

That's awesome, thanks macgolfer. I'll get that set up shortly.

macgolfer53

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
wrong pixel size

please repost this icon - when I converted from eps to png I didn't notice the pixel size increase - it needs to be smaller to work properly on appmarks- this one is 56 by 56 and should work - keep up the good work

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Add Tasks Added

I've just rolled out an add tasks feature for iPhoneiGTD. The application cannot interact with the iGTD database directly, so it makes use of the iPhone and lets you specify a task that is then emailed to your .mac account. Using the integration between mail app and iGTD, you can have these as tasks a soon as you get back to your machine.

macgolfer53

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
applescript file

the task emailed doesn't work for me - I cut and pasted the help path in the rule but it's not working - where do I find the applescript file?

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Some More iPhoneiGTD features

iPhoneiGTD now handles your tasks more intelligently. If your task names have a URL, phone number or email address in them, iPhoneiGTD will let you browse, call or email directly from within the app. All of this is dependent on the iPhone services, so you won’t see any changes from regular browsers.

Also, I’ve added some additional styling to make iPhoneiGTD more iPhone like in appearance.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
the task emailed doesn't work for me - I cut and pasted the help path in the rule but it's not working - where do I find the applescript file?

macgolfer53:
I just use the f6 trick for Mail.app iGTD integration. With an email selected and iGTD open, press f6 and it should add the email as a new task.

Hope that helps. The fates willing the new release tonight will work well and I can get in 18 holes tomorrow afternoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.