Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys (espesh LCaller) who gave me advice and help throughout my iPhone-getting stage. its right in front of me now, about 30secs from being unlocked! sweet! photos to follow!!:D:apple::apple::D:D:D

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
It wasnt very smart of you to unlock your phone right now. Unless you want to go through the long tedious process of relocking your phone in a day or two so that you can update the firmware you will have a brick in your hands in less than a week.

Should have read up on all the warnings before unlocking it right now...

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
It wasnt very smart of you to unlock your phone right now. Unless you want to go through the long tedious process of relocking your phone in a day or two so that you can update the firmware you will have a brick in your hands in less than a week.

Should have read up on all the warnings before unlocking it right now...

That's if he wants the iTunes Wi-Fi option. One is not required to update...I'm betting many with unlocked iPhones won't update.

TWEO

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2006
I'm getting my iPhone too this week and am gonig to unlock it the same day, because officially we ain't gonna get any of that sweet iPhone love this year here in The Netherlands.

After the update gets released, I'll wait until it's jailbroken and unlocked again before I install the update.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
That's if he wants the iTunes Wi-Fi option. One is not required to update...I'm betting many with unlocked iPhones won't update.

But don't forget about the international keyboard, you never know when the OP will need to send out an email to someone in Botswana!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.