Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klm79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Im trying to install apps through itunes

but when I do. it pops up with the message. your computer is not authorized to do so.

im on my home computer..whats wrong?

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
Im trying to install apps through itunes

but when I do. it pops up with the message. your computer is not authorized to do so.

im on my home computer..whats wrong?

Are you signed in on the Store, have you synced your ipod, do you have itunes 7.7, do you have 2.0 on ur iphone.....

mitsu13gman

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Portland, ME
Just posting to bump this and comment that I had the same issue - apps downloaded and set to sync, then you get the "Not authorized on this computer" message.

I followed MinFlux's suggestion of double-clicking on one of the apps.

This brought up a dialogue box to enter the iTunes password. Once I did and clicked "OK," I re-sync'd my iPhone and the applications went right across.

Since this wasn't shown throughout the natural course of upgrading to v2.0 and downloading apps, perhaps this tip could be temporarily made sticky until the message gets out?

Or am I just slower than the average bear?

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
At the top of the screen (menu bar) click on "store" and click 'authorize computer', that should hopefully do the trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.