Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBozz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2004
NW UK
I have recently acquired an iPhone SE 2020 256GB (my first smartphone) and I have now signed up to 200GB iCloud.

I have previously kept all my photographs on my Catalina iMac and sync'd to my iPad Pro via iTunes but I have now transferred all my photos onto the iCloud.

The iMac and iPad are showing the same number of photographs (12,238 Photos, 92 Videos) but the iPhone is showing 21,369 Photos and 92 Videos and has been reporting "Syncing ..." with no movement for several days now.

What am I doing wrong? Where do the extra photographs come from? Does the iPhone need to be awake all the time for the sync to work? Do I have to do the initial sync via iTunes? Is it just going to be a very very very long process?

Or am I just being a bigger idiot than usual and overlooking the bleeding obvious?

Any advice would be most welcome - thanks in advance.

Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 iMac under Catlina macOS10.15.5 (19F101); iPad Pro under iOS13.5.1; iPhone SE 2020 under iOS13.5.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.