Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I import my photos into both devices from iTunes via my Windows 10 computer (I don't use iCloud Photos, I can't stand cloud services).

Over the past few months I have noticed that when I'm in the Photos app on either device, it shows that my photos were imported "From My Mac" and I don't have a Mac nor have I EVER had one.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I called tech support last night but it was right before they were closing and they had to escalate the issue for a call back tomorrow. So in the meantime, I thought I'd post here and ask if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!

P.S. All devices are up to date with the latest version of iOS as well as iTunes.

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I import my photos into both devices from iTunes via my Windows 10 computer (I don't use iCloud Photos, I can't stand cloud services).

Over the past few months I have noticed that when I'm in the Photos app on either device, it shows that my photos were imported "From My Mac" and I don't have a Mac nor have I EVER had one.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I called tech support last night but it was right before they were closing and they had to escalate the issue for a call back tomorrow. So in the meantime, I thought I'd post here and ask if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!

P.S. All devices are up to date with the latest version of iOS as well as iTunes.

Mine says that too and I use a windows PC to transfer pictures. I completely ignore it since it doesn't really affect anything. I am on IOS 12.2

Reactions: Drewps5co0tt

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Mine says that too and I use a windows PC to transfer pictures. I completely ignore it since it doesn't really affect anything. I am on IOS 12.2

Hey I meant to ask you, do you also have an iPad and if so, is the same thing happening when viewing photos on that device as well? I just spent 2 hours again on the phone with Apple Support tonight and they are totally stumped on this and have escalated this to an engineer (not just this issue but I'm also having another issue where iTunes is showing I've only purchased 2 songs when I've purchased way more than that) so both are being escalated.

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
Hey I meant to ask you, do you also have an iPad and if so, is the same thing happening when viewing photos on that device as well? I just spent 2 hours again on the phone with Apple Support tonight and they are totally stumped on this and have escalated this to an engineer (not just this issue but I'm also having another issue where iTunes is showing I've only purchased 2 songs when I've purchased way more than that) so both are being escalated.

Nope, I have an iPhone Xs but I assume this "FROM MY MAC" will show up on all IOS devices. I think it is normal behavior on IOS 12.2.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
It's just how it displays synced albums by design, nothing to worry about. Seems devs were lazy to add system recognition :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.