Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacobspinney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I perform on stage for a living and I've been video taping my shows lately. Since wireless mics are unreliable I've been plugging a lapel mic into a digital voice recorder and then just syncing up the audio to the video in post. I'm wondering if there's any way of turning a 3.5mm mono plug into the TRRS 3.5mm kind of plug the iphone needs to receive the mic audio. This way I can just use my iphone as the digital voice recorder. But so far I've had no luck tracking down such an adapter. Any ideas?

TheBrainMcClain

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
I perform on stage for a living and I've been video taping my shows lately. Since wireless mics are unreliable I've been plugging a lapel mic into a digital voice recorder and then just syncing up the audio to the video in post. I'm wondering if there's any way of turning a 3.5mm mono plug into the TRRS 3.5mm kind of plug the iphone needs to receive the mic audio. This way I can just use my iphone as the digital voice recorder. But so far I've had no luck tracking down such an adapter. Any ideas?
Do you mean this?

http://www.summitsource.com/rca-jack-female-to-35mm-mono-plug-adapter-steren-251122-jack-converter-35-mm-mono-plug-phono-adapter-head-phone-jack-adapter-audio-signal-plug-connector-part-251122-p-8974.html

What about a wireless mic system that musicians use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.