Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dare2winn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
i have iphone 5s which i misplaced so i blocked it with the help of icloud now i got it under the cupboard . now when i try to switch on it it says ''this iphone was lost and erased.sign in with apple id that was used to erase this phone''
since it is long time so i have forgotten the id and password ( cause it is less frequently used ) and unable to on the phone. this was gifted from abroad so and my country has no authorize apple representive too.

so what are the possible solution ?
or it is useless ? or bricked?
is there any hard reset method ? please help

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i have iphone 5s which i misplaced so i blocked it with the help of icloud now i got it under the cupboard . now when i try to switch on it it says ''this iphone was lost and erased.sign in with apple id that was used to erase this phone''
since it is long time so i have forgotten the id and password ( cause it is less frequently used ) and unable to on the phone. this was gifted from abroad so and my country has no authorize apple representive too.

Unless you can remember the login, there is nothing you can do. The phone is useless.

dare2winn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Unless you can remember the login, there is nothing you can do. The phone is useless.
there may be some alternative ways,,,,after all this is cracked device and there may be some hack solutions ..plz

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012

You can contact a friend who lives in where the phone's originally purchased. Send him the phone and proof of purchase, then ask him to kindly contact Apple Customer Service.

Or you can look up cookies/keychain/stored username and passwords on your computer browser, and see if any of those matches the partially-shown account that is linked against your device.

If none of these works, you can try to get it unlock through black market although it may cost some money (probably >$150). Alternatively you can also ask a 3rd party repair shop to replace the logic board as activation lock is only linked against your phone's logic board.

Lastly, you can always sell a bricked phone on eBay for a low price. This is not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014

Haha just say you stole it, these "I fogot the apple ID password and it's locked" threads get old.
If you really forgot your Apple ID password just call Apple and they help to recover it. Than once you got the password again you can reset the phone.
I smell bs tho so good luck :D

Member2010

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2013
Been there, cut that... twice

Good luck with that, I asked the same question and barely escaped the barrage of bullets that followed. To set the record straight though, I will say that there is no way past at this time (unless you're using iPhone 4, in which case you can delete "setup.app", but you will still see no cellular signal). If a true fix for this problem ever does surface, it will likely be published on Sinful iPhone, where there are fewer unhelpful members and less people who have nothing better to do with their time than to hypocritically point and scream, "phone thief" at members asking innocent questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.