Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sectokia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
After checking out the new iPhone 12’s, I noticed something I never saw mentioned in most reviews: There is less text displayed on the screen of iphone12 compared to older models viewing the same webpage/messages/mail etc.

Looking up the specs:

-The 12/12pro display has a lower point/logical count (390x844) than the iphone 11 or XR (414x896)

-The older large iphones (example 6+) have a slightly higher point/logical count (476x847) than 12 pro max (428x926). The 6+ wider logic count results is less text wrap and overall a fairly significant drop moving to iphone 12 pro max. In some cases 12 pro max is displaying almost an entire paragraph of text less than the iphone 6+ / 7+, which is absurd!

For office / productivity based users like me, this means less text on the screen in almost all apps including mail, messages, web browsing, everything really.

Is anyone else concerned by this trend? Is there any hope 13 will reverse this? I guess not if they have the same screen resolution and physical size.

Do you users really prefer larger and higher regulation content over more content visible at once? It’s seems so because the regression seem to have passed without anyone caring or mentioning it at all?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Went from 8+ to 12PM. No concerns whatsoever, a fantastic device. Don’t forget folks set their preferred text size on each device they own too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.