Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 29, 2018
NYC
A funny thing happened while I was on vacation. I usually have three screens of apps on my phone. With no notice, screens two and three went away, leaving me with just the main screen and the "App Library" screen. I changed wallpaper and that seemed to fix it but it happened again, even after setting up a new wallpaper pair.

It's been stable for a couple of days but I'd like to hear from anyone who may know what's going on.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Try this to see if you inadvertently hidden a couple of your Home Screens:
  1. Unlock your iPhone if it is locked.
  2. Long-press on a blank part of your iPhone Home screen until the app icons wiggle.
  3. Tap the Home screen dots toward the bottom of the screen.
  4. Tap the screen or screens you want removed.
  5. Tap Done.
You may have unchecked the screens you are missing

Reactions: now i see it

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 29, 2018
NYC
Thanks much for the procedure. I thought I knew the system but never saw that config screen. Everything looks good there. So far it's been fine. I'm a little frustrated in that I don't know what brought it on in the first place. I don't think it was something I did. Cosmic rays? :)

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 29, 2018
NYC
Just to finish out this thread...

I found that my 2nd and 3rd screens had not been checked in the Focus applet. Now all is well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.