Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dear all,

since i'm using iOS 13.6 on my iPhone 11, I figured that the shutdown of the device takes up to 30 Seconds. The device shuts down, the backlight stays on for about 25 seconds and after it turns off, i can turn the phone on again.

Has anyone an idea what the reason might be of this?

Thanks,
Nino

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
From what I've seen in various threads where people have commented about this kind of thing in the iPhone forum, for example, it seems that this isn't all that unusual.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don't understand the complaint. You say the phone turns off and then you can turn it back on again. That sounds normal. It does take the phone a while to shut down. That too, is normal.

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Original poster
I don't understand the complaint. You say the phone turns off and then you can turn it back on again. That sounds normal. It does take the phone a while to shut down. That too, is normal.

It's not a complaint, it's just a question. I was wondering why the backlight was on so long, even nothing happens on the screen. This hasn't been the case before on my iPhone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not a complaint, it's just a question. I was wondering why the backlight was on so long, even nothing happens on the screen. This hasn't been the case before on my iPhone.
The backlight is on to some degree even for other phones and previous iOS versions. The timing might differ a bit between different phones and iOS versions.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Sorry about characterizing your question as a complaint. I think the backlight stays on long enough for the user to see the phone shutting down. But to keep it on for the entire duration would be a waste of power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.