Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Play4keeps

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Every thing elese seems to be working fine i see the nes app in spring borad and all but how do i get the roms on my iphone

Place your ROM files in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES
You will need to use a tool such as iPhoneInterface, iFuntastic, or SSH

Sorry if this sounds dumb but ive used iFuntastic and it wont let me copy my roms folder to the dir:confused:
thanks

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Easiest way...
Step 1 Install Frotz (you will see)
Step 2 uninstall Frotz (that's not it)
Step 3 install Finder
Step 4 Launch Finder and rename Frotz to ROMs and the folder inside that to NES (told you to wait see!)
Step 5 Install ishare
Step 6 Sign up for iShare (sendspace.com)
Step 7 Uploaded Roms from your computer to sendspace.com
Step 8 use iShare to download to your iphone

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Easiest way...
Step 3 install Finder
Step 4 Launch Finder and rename Frotz to ROMs and the folder inside that to NES (told you to wait see!)
Step 5 Install ishare

How about I fire up Cyberduck and just drag 'n drop them into my iPhone? :rolleyes:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
i tried Cyberduck and it didnt work... so instead of using jailbreak this works...

What do you mean jailbreak? Installer.app - > install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. Then login with Cyberduck.

When you install Installer.app, that jailbreaks your phone. So I don't really know what you're talking about...

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
Easiest way...
Step 3 install Finder
Step 5 Install ishare

by installing finder you mean installing mobilefinder correct?
i did that but i can't find frotz, but if you uninstall frotz how are you supposed to find it in the finder anymore?

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
What do you mean jailbreak? Installer.app - > install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. Then login with Cyberduck.

When you install Installer.app, that jailbreaks your phone. So I don't really know what you're talking about...

This really is the easiest way. Fugu works good too. I have about 10 NES games on the phone now... Mario is hard hell on the iPhone as hell... :rolleyes:

This really is the easiest way. Fugu works good too. I have about 10 NES games on the phone now... Mario is hard hell on the iPhone as hell... :rolleyes:
Agreed. I'm primarily on Windows still, so when I brought up my iPhone using my SSH client (which I believe tunnels SFTP alongside it), I have to say... all smiles. Summerboard has changed my entire outlook on my iPhone. Apple's movements have tweaked me a few too many times lately, so I've stopped waiting for the mythical "update", and I'm glad I did. :) That said, after playing Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Donkey Kong, and Popeye... I kind of realized I've lost the taste for those old chestnuts. But, Voice recording, iBlackjack, and Money have given me other reasons to smile. Some wildly talented people out there coming to bear on this platform. I mean, wow.

~ CB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.