Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
I just got the new wired aluminum keyboard two day ago, hooked it up to my MBP through my ACD's USB hub. Somehow the computer just keeps waking up from sleep after a while.

I did an experiment yesterday. Put the computer to sleep mode for entire day and check on it every couple hours. The computer does stay in sleep mode. However, I noticed whenever I have my iPhone nearby, the computer will wake up after a while. Anybody experienced same problem? I did also disabled the bluetooth and wake-for-ethernet.

jonG

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
This just started happening to me on my imac(non aluminum). I was tripping out and still couldn't figure it out. after the 7 time i figured just a glitch. Interesting. It makes sense, I will test it later on.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
ok. I just hooked my old apple keyboard back on. been 40 min and hasn't woke yet. gonna try couple more times, if no problem then i must have a defected new aluminum keyboard.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
This just started happening to me on my imac(non aluminum). I was tripping out and still couldn't figure it out. after the 7 time i figured just a glitch. Interesting. It makes sense, I will test it later on.

are you using the old or new apple keyboard?

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
UPDATE:

I exchanged out the keyboard from the store last week. Haven't had a problem since, I guess I had a faulty keyboard that was sensitive to the interference from the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.