Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

My phone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2020
My iPhone 7 will not connect to the internet even though there is internet that is working near me. My IPhone also tends to restart itself for no apparent reason. I’ve reset network setting and have turned phone completely off.

fitcious

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
My iPhone 7 will not connect to the internet even though there is internet that is working near me. My IPhone also tends to restart itself for no apparent reason. I’ve reset network setting and have turned phone completely off.

I got that issue too with my X and my 7. I think there’s something buggy with the iOS

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
“will not connect to the internet”
Can you join the wifi by going into Settings > Wi-Fi?
Once connected click the ‘i’ and see if Auto-Join is on.

“Restart itself for no apparent reason”
Might be battery related, check https://support.apple.com

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019

Still not fixed??

My phone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2020
“will not connect to the internet”
Can you join the wifi by going into Settings > Wi-Fi?
Once connected click the ‘i’ and see if Auto-Join is on.

“Restart itself for no apparent reason”
Might be battery related, check https://support.apple.com
I meant to say WiFi. And it doesn’t show the WiFi names when going to WiFi in settings even though there is working WiFi in my house.

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
I meant to say WiFi. And it doesn’t show the WiFi names when going to WiFi in settings even though there is working WiFi in my house.

Is there an update on iOS available? Maybe even try a factory restore backing it up in either case.

My phone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2020
I’m going to try and put all my photos and stuff like that on a flash drive. Then I will factory reset it and see if that works.

DeanBrian

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2020
Hey there,

I think the problem you're facing is with respect to the OS update. I've heard the same issue faced by a few of my friends. I strongly recommend you to store a backup of all your files before proceeding with a full factory reset. Plug in with your PC and diagnose the OS status. If prompted, make an update. I think this should solve the issue.

Hope this helps!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If you're also having trouble with Bluetooth connections, then it's most likely the antenna. It's a fairly common issue.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.