Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirage4455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2022
My son had his iPhone 13 Pro Max replaced under apple care after his phone was damaged in a fall. He set up the new phone with iCloud backup. His new phone does show show up on the ‘find my’ app under people but it doesn’t show up under his name in the device tab of the ‘find my’ app. My Apple ID is the organizer and his Apple ID is listed under the family umbrella. His old phone did show up in the device tab so not sure why it’s not now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mirage4455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2022
Turn on “Find My iPhone”.

-
Turn on “Find My iPhone”.

“Find my Phone” is turned on on his phone. I can see his location. But his phone is not showing up under devices under his name.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
“Find my Phone” is turned on on his phone. I can see his location. But his phone is not showing up under devices under his name.
I would double-check if you haven't already. One can still share their location even if they have "Find My iPhone" turned off.

Location sharing ("Share My Location") and "Find My iPhone" are two different things, as seen here...

1691115540955.jpeg

Last edited:

Mirage4455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2022
I would double-check if you haven't already. One can still share their location even if they have "Find My iPhone" turned off.

Location sharing ("Share My Location") and "Find My iPhone" are two different things, as seen here...

View attachment 2241249
Well how about that, you learn something new everyday, yes you are correct, that fixed it, thank you!

Reactions: iStorm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.