Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebrrf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
New Zealand
Recently my phone was stolen while getting repaired at a shop and they are replacing it with a brand new one. I'm trying to use find my iphone on my windows laptop to put the phone in lost mode or reset it, but it is not showing up in there. Can anyone tell me why? I would post about this on the official apple forums but I have to verify my iCloud account with my phone account but I can't because my of my phone. Thanks

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
So let me get this straight, but while I ask clarification:

Your original phone was stolen. Did you have iCloud account linked?

New iPhone was given to you by the store. Did you add it to your iCloud account?

Trying to track your old phone and not finding it.? Most likely it was wiped by someone else or it wasn't on iCloud.

calebrrf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
New Zealand
So let me get this straight, but while I ask clarification:

Your original phone was stolen. Did you have iCloud account linked?

New iPhone was given to you by the store. Did you add it to your iCloud account?

Trying to track your old phone and not finding it.? Most likely it was wiped by someone else or it wasn't on iCloud.
Yes I had my iCloud linked to it and I haven't had a new phone given to me yet they are waiting for the insurance company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.