Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Android is more advanced with more features (Pixel calling features, AI, etc) Android has much more hardware choices. Android phone has more customization. Android generally has new features first then iOS adopts them.

iOS has a better ecosystem integration. If you have other Apple products there is no denying the level interoperability between them is second to none. Of course if you don't own other Apple products it can also be an Achilles heel.

Generally Apple still supports their phones longer than Android OEM'S but the gap has been closing. A series processor at least in terms of raw CPU power is faster although iOS doesn't yet take full advantage. GPU in snapdragon 8 gen 2 is better.

At the end of the day to reduce both operating systems to one being better than the other is an oversimplification and a completely subjective question with no objective non biased answer.

People who say one is better than the other often lack understanding of nuance and issues deeper than their own opinion.

I would say both are great yet we desperately need a 3rd option to push both Android and iOS to do better.

Android and iOS constantly ebb and flow. One is better in some ways until the other catches up and back and forth. It is a bunch of nonsense.

Use what you like no matter who says what is better because only the user with their unique wants and needs can determine what is better for them. Anyone who tells you one thing is better based on opinions simply wants other people to agree to their point of view rather than have a interesting discussion based on the merits of both leaving the individual to decide what is better for them.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Looks like iPhone 15 non pro models will be stuck at 60hz display and no promotion or AOD.

Pro models are set to cost an extra $200 in the next release.

These are rumors but they kind of suck if true.

I was thinking of possibly getting an iPhone 15 but there is no way I would go back to a 60hz display and no AOD. I don't want to pay $1200 or more just for the base Pro model.

As soon as Apple raises prices all the Android OEM's are going to copy and raise prices too. Looking at you Samsung.

I mean I think paying $1k for a phone is too much in the first place. Paying $1200 for a base model is a rip off.

Also the regular iPhones only get a dual camera setup and year old chip. So you either save money and have a gimped iPhone or take out a mortgage on your house to buy a decent iPhone.

I wish Apple would go in the opposite direction.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Looks like iPhone 15 non pro models will be stuck at 60hz display and no promotion or AOD.

I was thinking of possibly getting an iPhone 15 but there is no way I would go back to a 60hz display and no AOD. I don't want to pay $1200 or more just for the base Pro model.

As soon as Apple raises prices all the Android OEM's are going to copy and raise prices too. Looking at you Samsung.

I mean I think paying $1k for a phone is too much in the first place. Paying $1200 for a base model is a rip off.

Also the regular iPhones only get a dual camera setup and year old chip. So you either save money and have a gimped iPhone or take out a mortgage on your house to buy a decent iPhone.

To be fair, Apple still has a huge demographic of users that go for an upgrade without knowing much behind what they are upgrading to. They just know 15 is better than 14/13/12/etc, and don't want the more expensive or big one. Why wouldn't Apple take advantage of that?

Android's flagship demographic generally have more insight on their choice of upgrade.

Reactions: jamezr

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
To be fair, Apple still has a huge demographic of users that go for an upgrade without knowing much behind what they are upgrading to. They just know 15 is better than 14/13/12/etc, and don't want the more expensive or big one. Why wouldn't Apple take advantage of that?

Android's flagship demographic generally have more insight on their choice of upgrade.
That is valid for all consumers. Typical people buy cars based not on spec, but color. The same with gadgets. Android is no different. Most people I have observed using Galaxy S Ultra or even the Z Fold don’t know anything about spec. All they know is those are the highest end, and thus should be “the best.”

The only ones having some knowledge on the specs are just us geeks.

Anyhow, the OP is sus. I think this thread should be killed before it’s too late 😅

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
That is valid for all consumers. Typical people buy cars based not on spec, but color. The same with gadgets. Android is no different. Most people I have observed using Galaxy S Ultra or even the Z Fold don’t know anything about spec. All they know is those are the highest end, and thus should be “the best.”

The only ones having some knowledge on the specs are just us geeks.

Anyhow, the OP is sus. I think this thread should be killed before it’s too late 😅

All of us device geeks aside ......

In my experience, I just don't meet people with Android users that are clueless a smaller version of a flagship is lacking in comparison to the larger sized version.

With iPhone users in general, most just automatically think a smaller version of the same number is exactly the same as the larger version, with the exception of the camera module cause that's a visible difference.

This might be cause people are more inclined to do their homework when purchasing an Android device, where iPhone users have the "It just works" slogan in their heads.

Reactions: Ludatyk and jamezr

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

I have a ton of Apple products but I wouldn’t suggest anybody gets the non pro models. Either get 13 pro or go full on pro with 14 or 15. Pro max this year will be great but very expensive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.