Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
DataVault Password Manager for iOS version 6.5.49 is now available in iTunes.

New features include;
- 60+ logins for popular web sites such as Airbnb, Amazon, Facebook, Paypal, Expedia, etc.
- DataVault Browser to autofill web forms with username and password.
- Extension for Safari to autofill web forms and create new logins.
- Support for Dynamic Type so font size matches iOS Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size.
- Improved synchronization with DataVault for Mac and other platforms.
See What's New for a complete list of improvements.

Thanks to all the users who helped test the beta versions. We really appreciate your support!

A complete description with screenshots can be found on the DataVault for iOS home page.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Best,
Marc Bolh
Founder Ascendo

dvi6.jpg

Last edited:

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Thanks Alli!

We've added autofill logins for over 60 websites including; Airbnb, Amazon, American Airlines, American Express, AOL, Avis, Bank of America, Booking.com, British Airways, Chase, Citibank, Comcast, Craigslist, DirecTV, Discover, Dropbox, Enterprise, Evernote, Expedia, Facebook, Financial Times, Gmail, Google+, JetBlue, LinkedIn, Pandora, Paypal, Pinterest, Reddit, Skype, Slack, Southwest Airlines, Spotify, Twitter, Wikipedia, WordPress, Yahoo, Youtube & more.

What logins would you like us to add in the next update?

Marc, Ascendo

dvi61-select-login.jpg

Reactions: Jaguarr40

crf8

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2017
Does it auto fill log ons for APS or just the websites?

crf8

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something but what good is it on an IPhone when I use mostly APS, rarely go to the actual website?

Aidoon

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
UK
Thanks for the update! New logins are quite useful.

I've turned on Touch ID but DataVault is still asking me to enter my password occasionally. Is that normal?

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Hey Aidoon, Thanks for your question!

You can configure how often DataVault requires you to enter your master password by tapping on the Tools & Settings icon (bottom-left) > Security Settings > Require Password (Once per session, Daily, Weekly, Monthly), see screen below.

dv-security-settings-320.PNG

Reactions: Jaguarr40

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
@marcbolh

Hello Marc,
I am sorry, if it is mentioned somewhere on your website or here, in MR, I might've missed it, is it possible to store data files (notes, etc.) and pictures in Datavault?

Thanks.

P.S.: I am looking for a new password manager as my preferred one, Locko is discontinued.

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Hi UIenspiegel,

Version 6.5 of DataVault for iOS won't allow you store files and images, however it is something we have already delivered in another app and we are working on including it in future versions.

If you would like to participate in our beta program, please direct message me.

Marc, Ascendo

Last edited:

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Hi UIenspiegel,

Version 6.5 of DataVault for iOS won't allow you store files and images, however it is something we have already delivered in other app and we are working on including it in future versions.

If you would like to participate in our beta program, please direct message me.

Marc, Ascendo
Thank you Marc for your answer and for the chance to beta-test.
I will contact you in due time.

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
I got to beta this (I think I mentioned in another thread). I absolutely love how DataVault will fill in websites.

Fantastic update!
I agree that this is one of the best new features and can see the DEV is working hard to give everyone a good product.
[doublepost=1496493253][/doublepost]I always appreciate it when a DEV stays on top of his apps and his CS is top notch.vThat is why this is the only password app I use.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
Hey Aidoon, Thanks for your question!

You can configure how often DataVault requires you to enter your master password by tapping on the Tools & Settings icon (bottom-left) > Security Settings > Require Password (Once per session, Daily, Weekly, Monthly), see screen below.

dv-security-settings-320.PNG
Just remember that if you configure it more than 'ONE PER SESSION' you will have to store your Master Password in the IOS Keychain.

Aidoon

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
UK
Is Ascendo planning to force users to move their data to the Cloud like some other cheeky vendors?

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Is Ascendo planning to force users to move their data to the Cloud like some other cheeky vendors?

Absolutely not!

We have received numerous inquiries about this of late. I would like to take this opportunity to confirm our strong commitment to a Distributed Security Model © which stores confidential information on your device, not in the Cloud.

For more information, please read my blog article at the link below.

http://blog.ascendo.co/distributed-security-model-password-management.html

Marc, Founder Ascendo

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I'm currently a KeePass user but I was looking into your website and wanted to check out the App on my laptop and notices the App Store link you are using in e.g. iOS FAQ and the earlier posted blog link don't work. It might be good for existing and new users to update that or they might think the app is no longer in the App Store while it in fact is.

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
I'm currently a KeePass user but I was looking into your website and wanted to check out the App on my laptop and notices the App Store link you are using in e.g. iOS FAQ and the earlier posted blog link don't work. It might be good for existing and new users to update that or they might think the app is no longer in the App Store while it in fact is.

Thanks for reaching out! I checked the link you are referring to and it works for me from Mac/Safari and iOS/Safari.

http://appstore.com/datavaultpasswordmanager

Are you trying to access it from a different environment?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.