Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Has anyone put the iPhone Photos app on to the iPod Touch? Did it work? The iPhone Photos app can send photos BTW in case your wondering "why the hell would anyone do that?" Or does the Mail app add the option to the menu?

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I have that on my touch, and it's the main one too. (Edit - The app does fully work with all options that pop up!)

It works just fine. When you click a photo and go to the button that normally sets the wallpaper, you will get four options - "Use as Wallpaper", "Email Photo", "Assign to Contact", and "Cancel".

I haven't tried doing any other options beside "Cancel" and "Set as Wallpaper", but those ones do work, so yes it does work if you're wondering...

Edit - I added an image to a contact and it worked just fine!
Edit 2 - I tested sending it to my email address and it was quick and flawless. So to say now, the app fully works!

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
wasnt this standard?

It's a Mail.app feature. Once you successfully install Mail, all your other apps get "upgraded" so to speak and you're able to send things through mail from almost anywhere. You can send YouTube clips, Photos, Notes and even web page links I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.