Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CASHMUSICNET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Brockton
Well i have been up at peak times (define me nocturnal) and browsed through this forums and also chatted with some Apple Internet help and NOTHING.

Hear is the deal.......I've have issues with MobileMe from time to time and now its just getting illogical man lol. So i have a iPhone 3.1.3 and have a trail version of MobileMe. I want to PUSH my contacts that are already on my iPhone to MobileMe. I just figured, turn it on....let it marinate....and then my MobileMe will have my contacts pushed....no problem.....WRONG!!! It just does squat.....nothing. I tried the alternative for a PC sync but I can't seem to get my contacts synced to outlook or Yahoo at all through iTunes. It just overwrites my current contacts on my iPhone with the NO contacts from Yahoo and outlook.

Through trial and error, now I think I have a bug on my iPhone that when I go to contacts....it suddenly disappears (MobileMe shut off BTW) but the contacts are still relevant within my phone (can still type out a number and the name pops up/Recent calls still have contained contact info stored) Now im thinking im forced to restore to 3.1.3 to even retrieve the healthy state of my phone and in hopes my back-ups are not effected.

Im at a lost and I dont wanna shell out the 99.99 a year for something I can't use to the full potential. Besides.....I NEED MY CONTACTS lol. Please help.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

I believe you have to determine where you contacts came from on your phone contact list. If you setup MobileMe on your phone you can check if you want to sync contacts or not. If you have contacts that are separate from MobileMe then those contacts would not sync with mobile.

CASHMUSICNET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Brockton
Confused

What u mean by contacts from the phone lol? There is no other contacts i have BUT on the iPhone. So thats why im at a lost really.

rhopper

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
yeah im having the same issue, only NEW contacts that I add to my contacts on my phone push to MobileMe, all of my old contacts wont sync.

davidgreem

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
As per mine it should work, there should be a no problem transfering contacts from iphone to mobile me,may be something is done with the settings in order to carry out that smoothly.Please check out the settings and do accordingly.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
What u mean by contacts from the phone lol? There is no other contacts i have BUT on the iPhone. So thats why im at a lost really.
When a friend got a new iphone I believe they (Apple) transferred the contacts from the OLD SIM Card into the iPhone. I believe these Contacts were kept separate from the Contacts in MobileMe. Another example is if you have a second email account (like Exchange) where you have Contacts, those Contacts would be kept separate from yhour MobileMe Contacts so that they do not Sync with MobileMe. That was why I was saying you need to understand "where" the Contacts came from to determine why they are not Syncing. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.