Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not a fan of whipping out my iphone to go forward or back between my songs when i'm playing music. I really want Apple to include the radio remote as a compatible item when they get around to releasing the update.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Bunsen

macrumors member
May 1, 2007
Orlando FL
I agree!
I was at least hoping it would work as a headphone adaptor for all the headphone plugs that don't fit in the top (without a little exacto surgery :))
The remote functions would be nice too!

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Really? When I press the button it only Pauses and Plays the current song. Is there some setting I need to turn on or something?

if you double-squeeze, it'll advance the song.

my problem is that-

1) the little integrated mic/pseudo remote doesn't cover all the functionality of thr radio remote. Particularly- volume control, rewind, the radio.

2) in my case, the earbuds included with the iphone don't fit in my ears. it'd be nice to use my preferred earbuds and still retain some remote control functionality. plus i'm sure a lot of people would agree that they'd rather use their own high-quality earbuds instead of the apple ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.