Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ineedhelpwithmyiphonepls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2016
Ive got an iphone 5s that i have had for a while. after installing ios 10 ive had some really weird battery issues. what happens is when my phone dies, i will plug in a cable (that works perfectly fine on other iphones) in to the iphone and the screen with the lightning bolt and battery pops up without me touching anything, so i know it recognizes that something was plugged in, but it refuses to charge (show a screen with just the red battery and no lightning bolt). i have asked friends to try their cords, so far only about 2/20 ive tried actually charge the phone, the other 18 have this issue. I tried a new lightning cable, straight out of the box from a new iphone, and i still have the same problem, yet a few other random cables ive tried seem to charge it fine. I cleaned out the port with a pin so their shouldnt really be any lint in it either.

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
i've seen this happen to a colleague's 6. very odd, only charges with some cables when battery fully discharges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.