Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
okay in light of the new 3G iPhone release date. i am going to sell my phone for $350 to somebody who is unaware of the new iPhone (I know I am a jerk) since the new phone is going to sell for 199 and 299.

I jailbroke it using ziphone and was concerned about the baseband but I don't care anymore. My question is can I just restore now? Also I used to have a razor but when I activated my phone my old sim card didn't work anymore. Will it work when I restore? or will i have to go to Att and deal with them :p And when i restore do i just click not to back up?

thanks in advance

Lord Egregious

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
I sold mine for 400 last night and wish I had it back. I don't even have 3G so the increased data plans blow.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Yes, it will work.

The best thing to do is to get BootNeuter from Installer.

Turn everything off and select the bootloader version (if your iPhone came with 1.1.2 when it was out of the box [16 GB all have it], then choose 4.6...otherwise choose 3.9)

Now Flash.

Now restore.

Now everything is clean.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
has anyone confirmed the data plans? I know att called me and said they were charging me too much. they said i didn't have to pay the $40 for everyting since i had the family unlimited plan.

also Niiro13 you said turn everything off. what do you mean by that?

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I moving to santa barbara do they have 3G there? or can someone tell me how to figure out if they do? also where did you sell it for $400?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.