Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
Does anyone else have this issue where the iPhone ringtone sometimes only plays for two seconds and then stops? It’s very hit and miss.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Yes, definitely. When a call came in, it used to ring on both my Apple Watch and my phone. Now the watch taps me once instead of ringing, and the phone rings for a second or two and then silences itself. If I pull the phone out of my pocket I can see the ring animation and can answer it. Before I realized this was happening, I missed calls because I thought the caller changed their mind.

Reactions: WinSoft

WinSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
Yes, definitely. When a call came in, it used to ring on both my Apple Watch and my phone. Now the watch taps me once instead of ringing, and the phone rings for a second or two and then silences itself. If I pull the phone out of my pocket I can see the ring animation and can answer it. Before I realized this was happening, I missed calls because I thought the caller changed their mind.
Whilst I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this issue, I'm sorry that you have a similar experience. :(

dwinhoood

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2024
Try resetting the ringtone to default settings or not selecting another ringtone to see if the problem persists.

Reactions: WinSoft
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.