Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
This is some of the best news of all today!

Another year of small phone wonderfulness is granted!

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.56.38 PM.png

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
I already retired it as a offline iPod lol this software support is insane

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
The only thing - literally - that I even want from newer phones is the better cameras.

I love everything about my OGSE -- the camera is just one of those things that can always be better.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
The 6S may be supported but it's an unknown if iOS 15 will slow it to a crawl - beware
Probably the same as iOS 14.
Its funny because every year I do the iOS upgrade on an old SE and say “I guess its a little slower but its not that bad”. But I recently found another old SE running iOS11 and it’s insane how quick it is.

So, while I think its great that old phones are kept in the update cycle, I think there’s also a big benefit to holding back on upgrading the OS. I really wish I could roll back the OS on some of my old iPads and iPhones just to reclaim that speed (and its also kinda fun to have an old phone as a time machine to old OS’s)

Reactions: snipr125

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
It really is great news all round that IOS 15 is compatible with the 6S and SE1. Me personally though, I have left my 6s+ on the last version of IOS 12 as it runs so smoothly.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
It really is great news all round that IOS 15 is compatible with the 6S and SE1. Me personally though, I have left my 6s+ on the last version of IOS 12 as it runs so smoothly.
I always get annoyed when I see Apple showing off stats on how "90% of users have updated to our latest OS" because we know that many of those people have hurt their phone experience (and probably didn't even intentionally update).

I successfully kept my moms 6S on iOS12 for years but even with the switches toggled off then those messages are so persistent and last year she accidentally went to iOS14.x and now she's stuck. The phone is much slower and I get so many more questions. ?

Tickled

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
The only thing - literally - that I even want from newer phones is the better cameras.

I love everything about my OGSE -- the camera is just one of those things that can always be better.

An ogSE with a huge battery capacity and XS camera and processor upgrade to make it work as it should, if needed, would be about perfect for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.