Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
Just wanted to ask since the 128GB is the newer iteration in terms of production, has the yellowing of the top part of the screen and the rattly power button been addressed?

TrickyTreeRed

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2017
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Just wanted to ask since the 128GB is the newer iteration in terms of production, has the yellowing of the top part of the screen and the rattly power button been addressed?

No yellowing on my screen.

The rattle sound is the camera's auto focus mechanism. It's designed this way and has been discussed ad nauseam on this and other forums. I have to bring the SE up to my ear and shake it vigorously in order to hear it.

Device came into service late August 2017.

jkehaniii

macrumors member
May 28, 2017
I had my iPhone SE 128GB since June, no yellow screen issues but power button rattles if it's not in a case not a deal breaker.

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
I had my iPhone SE 128GB since June, no yellow screen issues but power button rattles if it's not in a case not a deal breaker.

Thanks!

No yellowing on my screen.

The rattle sound is the camera's auto focus mechanism. It's designed this way and has been discussed ad nauseam on this and other forums. I have to bring the SE up to my ear and shake it vigorously in order to hear it.

Device came into service late August 2017.

I understand that rattle. I had an SE that rattle even when moved slightly. It did it whether I held the power button or not so yeah there are a few that actually rattle.

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2015
About the yellowing tint...I went to an iStyle and I noticed that my SE has the same white temperature as an iphone 8...I compared to another iphone SE and the SE from istyle has a cold white like 6 and 6s.. Also the brightness on my SE is a little bit better.

It's just...luck ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.