Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonimachine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2023
Hello!! I need your help. I have an iPhone SE (1st) with iOS 15.8 that I use as my main phone. Right now is stuck on the apple logo, I don't know how to fix the problem without losing my data. I have try a few things, I thought it was the battery but is not, neither the upper speaker or selfie camera. I browse the internet for solutions but I only see sponsored articles that link me to suspicious apps asking me for money. I hope you can help me.

tonimachine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2023
Unless you have a backup, you are going to lose your data. There is no magic remedy unless the phone resolves on its own, which isn’t likely.

Have you been using iCloud backup at all?
No backup. I know there is no magic remedy, but i'm sure there is a way, but these days is harder to find the answer, thats why im asking here

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No backup. I know there is no magic remedy, but i'm sure there is a way, but these days is harder to find the answer, thats why im asking here
You could try a data recovery service. Be prepared to pay though. Costs can run several thousand dollars.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
you mean on the apple store?
No. I mean an actual data recovery service. Not an app.

Such as…

Just from a fast Google search.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Hello!! I need your help. I have an iPhone SE (1st) with iOS 15.8 that I use as my main phone. Right now is stuck on the apple logo, I don't know how to fix the problem without losing my data. I have try a few things, I thought it was the battery but is not, neither the upper speaker or selfie camera. I browse the internet for solutions but I only see sponsored articles that link me to suspicious apps asking me for money. I hope you can help me.
Contact Apple Support. They are the expert of Apple Products compared to all of us here to get reliable information. Wish the best! Keep calm, contact the product expert to resolve the problem and be happy! 😊

Reactions: Lyrics23

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Contact Apple Support. They are the expert of Apple Products compared to all of us here to get reliable information. Wish the best! Keep calm, contact the product expert to resolve the problem and be happy! 😊
The device is in a bootloop or stuck on the boot logo. That indicates either a hardware fault or an insufficient amount of space for the device to function normally. Apple will need to physically handle the device - which means a trip to the Apple store.

It's at this point that your rose colored glasses are likely to fail. Does Apple have the tools to pull data off a phone? Yes. Are they going to use those tools for the average customer? No.

What they will do is inform OP that they need to restore and that they will lose their data unless they have a backup. If the device has a hardware fault they will try to sell OP a new phone.

Apple is not in the data recovery and data forensics business. Nor are they in the business of using expensive IT tools and processes to help one average customer.

craigcoffee

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
My advice is to restore your device to make sure it works (ie. no hardware issue). Consider it penance and start using a backup solution from either iCloud (you can back critical data for free dude, as long as it's below whatever the free threshold amount is) or using a computer to backup your phone once a month. Anything else is just spinning your wheels. If it makes you feel better, pretend that you lost your phone and your best friend gave you a free replacement since he had an old one. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.