Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
My opinions :)
What I expect:
1. Same 4" beautiful design to keep the price
2. A10 2GB RAM
3. Front camera at 7 MP
4. Rear camera of iPhone 7
5. Headphone jack ( won't redesign it)
6. Touch ID
7. No water resistance, there is 0 chance that Apple is redesigning the product external IMO.

What would be ideal:
1. Same 4" design
2. A11 2-3GB RAM
3. Front camera at 7 MP
4. Rear camera of iPhone 8
5. Headphone jack
6. Touch ID 2
7. Water resistance
Same but with haptic home button on my wish list.

Imho, the 4/4S and 5/5s feature a classic and ageless design so I'd be quite fine with just spec bumps especially if it keeps the price affordable. Hmm, maybe a (PRODUCT)RED version with black bezels?

Reactions: Flopstar

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/ipho...lease-date-price-features-specs-2017-3500611/

thinner, larger screen, less bezel

According to the Tekz24 report (on which the FocusTiawan report was based), the new will offer an A10 chip (as seen in the iPhone 7), 2GB RAM, a 12MP camera, 5MP FaceTime camera, and 32GB or 128GB storage options.

The battery will also have a slightly raised rating from 1640mAh to 1700mAh.

The big news is that the new iPhone SE will have a screen measuring 4.2in rather than the current 4in. This will apparently be made possible by reducing the size of the bezels, although it appears that unlike the iPhone 8, which is rumoured to have a screen that stretches to the base of the phone - and thus no Home Button (read our iPhone 8 rumours here) - the current design incorporating the Home Button, will remain on the iPhone SE 2.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/ipho...lease-date-price-features-specs-2017-3500611/

According to the Tekz24 report (on which the FocusTiawan report was based), the new will offer an A10 chip (as seen in the iPhone 7), 2GB RAM, a 12MP camera, 5MP FaceTime camera, and 32GB or 128GB storage options.

The big news is that the new iPhone SE will have a screen measuring 4.2in rather than the current 4in. This will apparently be made possible by reducing the size of the bezels, although it appears that unlike the iPhone 8, which is rumoured to have a screen that stretches to the base of the phone - and thus no Home Button (read our iPhone 8 rumours here) - the current design incorporating the Home Button, will remain on the iPhone SE 2.

I hope this is true. LOVE those specs!

Flopstar

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
Same but with haptic home button on my wish list.

Imho, the 4/4S and 5/5s feature a classic and ageless design so I'd be quite fine with just spec bumps especially if it keeps the price affordable. Hmm, maybe a (PRODUCT)RED version with black bezels?

I haven't used a 7 but for longevity purposes, I would probably agree it would be better to put a non-physical home button in the SE 2 :)
[doublepost=1506107925][/doublepost]

If this is true, I might keep my current SE! Performance won't change that much and the design imo can't be beat!

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Is there any truth in the rumour that the next version of the SE will be branded iPhone SEX or will Apple play safe & go with iPhone SE2?

Chrisp1234

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2017
My opinions :)
What I expect:
1. Same 4" beautiful design to keep the price
2. A10 2GB RAM
3. Front camera at 7 MP
4. Rear camera of iPhone 7
5. Headphone jack ( won't redesign it)
6. Touch ID
7. No water resistance, there is 0 chance that Apple is redesigning the product external IMO.

I think Apple will use the 6s front camera (5mp) A10 and second generation touch Id, dont think much else because of cost

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
An iPhone X but in that classic design and size.

I would call it “iPhone Classic”.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I do think we will see an SE2 because many of us still prefer 1 handed use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.