Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
As I understand it, the form of the new SE is the same as 6s this battery case was designed for. So can it be used together?
Anyone has tried this combo?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
As I understand it, the form of the new SE is the same as 6s this battery case was designed for. So can it be used together?
Try the iPhone 7 or 8. The camera and speaker cutouts are different from 6/6s to 7/8/SE2.

Reactions: matrix07

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas

I don't think cases from a 6s will fit a SE, I think only the 7/8 cases will fit a SE. I remember my 6 cases not fitting my 8 because of the camera location. Even with a 7 Smart case you will lose QI charging.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
I use the 7 smart battery case with my SE2. You lose wireless charging, but the huge bump in battery life is well worth it.

Just a warning, the material it’s made of isn’t great and it will start to peel after a few months.

Reactions: matrix07

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I use the 7 smart battery case with my SE2. You lose wireless charging, but the huge bump in battery life is well worth it.

Just a warning, the material it’s made of isn’t great and it will start to peel after a few months.

Yep. Mine already peeled. 😟

rami.deltoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2020
I got a classic wallet case. It does make the iPhone bulkier, although having a single wallet that holds phone and credit cards is awesome

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have the iPhone 7 battery case and it is still working well and looking new. It makes a big difference. I am a very light phone user. However, I have noticed that my phone battery drain has been quicker lately, and I haven’t done anything different. I was getting much better battery life on iOS 13. I could easily make it 1 - 1. 25 days before needing got charge. With iOS 14, a lot of times I am already at 20 - 30% by the end of the day. It’s not a big deal but, I have started using my battery case more just to be on the safe side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.