Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Does anyone have the new SE with the apple smart battery case? I’m looking for REAL WORLD usage from this combo. Due to some unfortunate eye strain and headache issues, I can’t use an oled iPhone or even the xr/11. Will the se be different is something I don’t know.
My 8+ is cracked and barely holding on. The battery is still 97%, but the rest of it is in rough shape after I dropped it (first phone I have ever broken)

I’m aware the new se battery life is horrible. I have never owned an apple battery case, but I’m curious how much this actually extends the battery in real world usage. Most battery cases are highly inefficient, and you don’t gain as much as you’d think. Would it be a lot better than a ~2700mah 8+, or will it be only marginally better? Switching to a tiny phone like the se is a huge con to me, but at this point I’m not willing to buy a 4th 8+. If the se with battery case isn’t a valid combo, I’ll be ordering an android this weekend.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.