Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nico-capsule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
Hello,
I'm sorry if this text isn't perfectly legible, but I've used an online translator. I speak French...
I have a problem with my Iphone SE 2020.
I'm not sure what to do or if I need to replace any parts (battery, charging connector, etc.), so I'm looking for help.

Let me start by saying that my Iphone hasn't fallen on the ground or into the water, no accidents... nothing. I take very good care of it, and it's had a Rhinoshild protective shell and screen since day one.
so:
I was on my iphone when the screen froze and split in 2.
The top part went straight to black, and the bottom part gradually went black in a matter of seconds.
Once the screen was all black, you could see that the phone wasn't switched off, as there was a slight light if you tilted it at a certain angle. It was warm.
It was impossible to do anything. Neither turn it back on, nor charge it,... nothing. I left it to drain the battery for the rest of the day, and also because it was getting hotter and hotter.
The next day, I looked for information and did the volume button up, then down, then press and hold on the right button.
I did this 10 or 20 times, trying to charge it on the mains or on my Imac, and little by little I was able to find the battery icon (with a red bar).
It didn't appear on my Imac desktop either, because it hadn't been charged...
In short, I gradually managed to find it again, but it took me 3 hours to recharge it to 50%! And with a lot of heat!
I've since realized that it recharges ONLY on the Imac. When I plug it into the mains, the screen goes blank and the phone reboots after about 30 seconds, then goes blank again...and starts all over again.
I backed up the contents via my Imac and did a full restore via the Imac too.
It now has IOS version 17.0.1 installed.
I loaded it to 65% and it drained in 30 minutes until complete extinction while heating up a lot.
I checked the battery status. It tells me that the battery has deteriorated considerably, but at the same time, it also tells me that it's still ok at 86%.
In fact, the graph was fine, then went into the red during the 2 days of the problem, and came back fine yesterday.
So the battery isn't to blame? Could it be the connector? Or rather a software problem and not a hardware problem?
I'm a bit lost....(I think I had done the update the day before, but I'm not sure anymore)
Thanks for your help

Nico-capsule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
Well, here's some additional information:
I managed to do a DFU reset.
The iphone configures itself normally (if I take less than 10 min because it shuts down and restarts itself every 5 to 10 min). So it discharges very quickly.
Otherwise, it charges "normally" but only on the Imac, not on the mains.
I leave it connected to the Imac and it heats up a lot (I put a small desk fan on it to calm it down a bit).
So it's impossible to use it normally.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.