Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franciscomata22

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
Has anyone been able to pre order on Walmart.com to get the special pricing of 199? I've been trying too but it keeps saying error.

• Wow
Reactions: russell_314

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
This is the only info I've found.

iPhone SE Savings Offer

Walmart Savings Offer:
1 Offer valid now through 7/17/20. $200 for iPhone is a reduction of the cash price (excluding tax) financed in device payment agreement. Offer valid only on purchase with installment plan, no penalty for early pay off. Offer valid only on select items.

AT&T:
2 Requires a qualifying 0% APR installment agreement (30-mo. term at up to $6.63/mo.) Other installment options may be available and vary by location. If buying on the AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up, customer is responsible and will not receive any credits for an additional $5/mo. for the Next Up upgrade feature. $0 down for well-qualified customers only, or down payment may be required and depends on a variety of factors. Down payment if required will be either 15% to 80% of device cost or a dollar amount currently ranging from $200 to $1400 (amount subject to change, may be higher and will not exceed the device cost).

Eligible unlimited plans: AT&T Unlimited Starter, AT&T Unlimited Extra, AT&T Unlimited Elite, AT&T Unlimited &More, AT&T Unlimited &More Premium, AT&T Unlimited Plus, AT&T Unlimited Plus Enhanced, AT&T Unlimited Choice, AT&T Unlimited Choice Enhanced, AT&T Unlimited Choice II, AT&T Unlimited Double Play. Excludes prepaid, session-based, and Data Unlimited at $45/mo. plans. Speed, usage & other restr’s apply. See att.com/unlimited for current unlimited plans.

Verizon:
3 Limited-time offer on select iPhone smartphones. Carriers, coverage and products may vary by store. See Walmart associate for offer details. Verizon savings offer: Offer valid on new eligible iPhone activation purchased via a device payment agreement. $200 for iPhone is a reduction of the cash price (excluding tax) financed in device payment agreement. Activation/upgrade fee/line: Up to $40. Subject to VZW Agmts, Calling Plan & credit approval. Offers & coverage, varying by svc, not available everywhere; see vzw.com © 2017 Verizon Wireless.

4 Limited time only. Offer/coverage not available everywhere. While supplies last. No cash back. Subject up to $30 activation fee. Excludes taxes. Requires 24-month installment agreement, credit approval, active account in good standing, qualifying device & service plan. Restrictions apply. See store material for details.

Sprint:
5 Requires activation on qualified Sprint rate plan. Activation Fee applies. Coverage may vary and is not available everywhere.

profH

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2017
Pasadena, CA
The language in the Terms and Agreements seems to suggest that an Unlimited plan might be required for AT&T (I'm on a Mobile Share). But the issue didn't come up during the actual check out process. So I'm not sure whether to expect AT&T to move me over automatically, or whether the Mobile Share is also eligible.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I just completed an order for an iPhone SE (Product RED) 128 GB at the price of $249 for a line upgrade with AT&T. It validated against my AT&T account which has the old original Unlimited plan (not listed on the Walmart site).

Only had to pay tax today with the billing of $8.30 per month for 30 months. There will also be $30 upgrade fee charged when activated. I have always bypassed this fee by just moving an active Nano-SIM to the new phone.

Note: I used Firefox & had no issues. It says ships 4/27 with a 5/1 delivery date.

Dave

SteveMcqueen1

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2020
Has anyone been able to order the Verizon models? I keep getting " Sorry there's a problem, please try again later" when I try to add it to the cart. I can't seem to get it done. I have tried using safari, chrome, and firefox.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Has anyone been able to order the Verizon models? I keep getting " Sorry there's a problem, please try again later" when I try to add it to the cart. I can't seem to get it done. I have tried using safari, chrome, and firefox.
Getting the same error. On Chrome, I was able to get past the login and text verification but I get the same error message adding to cart.

What plan are you on? I'm still on shared GB.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Get More Unlimited.
According to Slickdeals, that error means the configuration is sold out. I originally selected VZW Red 256GB. Switched to VZW Black 256GB and it worked. I'm happy they all have black bezels now. Don't care overmuch about chassis color as lomg as I get black bezels. ?

They mentioned inventory is fluctuating so just try again or maybe try a different config.

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
I was able to order an AT&T one for my wife about 20 minutes ago for $199. It didn’t mention anything about changing my mobile share plan. My wife has the old SE and doesn’t care much about tech other than camera. Can’t beat $199. I will pay off day 1.

SteveMcqueen1

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2020
[automerge]1587174473[/automerge]
According to Slickdeals, that error means the configuration is sold out. I originally selected VZW Red 256GB. Switched to VZW Black 256GB and it worked. I'm happy they all have black bezels now. Don't care overmuch about chassis color as lomg as I get black bezels. ?

They mentioned inventory is fluctuating so just try again or maybe try a different config.
Thanks for the notification! Because of this, I was able to snag the phone. I just bought the 256 GB Red. It says it's arriving on May 1.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I don’t even need it. Those darn slick dealers always got me buying stuff i don’t need. I actually “downgraded” from iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb to iPhone XS Max. Gave my wife the pro max cause she shattered my “old xs max front and back”. I have apple care on pro 11 max so let her have it. Apple store replace xs max for $600 (used my sams credit card MasterCard warranty and got it reimbursed entire amount minus $50)

but for $199/249. I went ahead and ordered att iPhone se 2020. Good to have a spare phone sitting around.

I will trade in older iPhone 8 Plus64gb for $250 Apple gift card when stores open up again

I am always rotating tech around

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
this is ridiculous

$250 for a 128gb, $8.3mo x 30 which is $249

don't even have to change my plan... any catch?

pérignon

Suspended
Apr 17, 2020
These so-called "discounts" are comical.

Sure, you may end up paying only $200 for the phone, but these carriers more than factored these "savings" into your monthly bill, indirectly, by offering plans that are generally on the expensive end. Hence why only existing customers are eligible.

The reason why T-Mobile isn't on there is because, on average, T-Mobile customers pay a lot less for their plans than Verizon or AT&T users.
[automerge]1587176924[/automerge]
this is ridiculous

$250 for a 128gb, $8.3mo x 30 which is $249

don't even have to change my plan... any catch?

The catch is that you're paying more for your Verizon/AT&T plan than most people are paying for their T-Mobile plan. That's the only catch.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I am 100% in. $249 ($8.3/mo x30) for a 128GB White SE. Ships May 4th I think.

...no change to our awesome family plan which is surely a grandfathered one at this point but not the OG unlimited with ATT (which sucked after a certain point anyways, because 'no tethering' included presented difficulties), one that's better, and my line is "eligible"

Paid the small chunk of taxes upfront and good to go.

This is a stellar deal for people who have eligible plans that aren't going anywhere any time soon. I see why they're offering it, and I know why I want it. win-win

I'm positive this will sell out. Cant get hotter than that at launch.

Last edited:

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Really dumb how T-Mobile is always left out of these deals. You can’t get T-Mobile phones from a lot of stores, either. Too bad

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
These so-called "discounts" are comical.

The catch is that you're paying more for your Verizon/AT&T plan than most people are paying for their T-Mobile plan. That's the only catch.

ATT is better for the areas I am than T-Mobile, large ymmv of course but we have a good cheaper plan, and service is good enough no reason to switch. I'm not loyal to any carrier brand tho, I say use what works for you. Nothing to 'love' about any of them but might as well be rewarded for the plan that already works for us and we aren't moving from haha

Reactions: tonybarnaby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.