Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fati22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2023
I wanted to buy an iPhone SE 2. It's a pretty decent phone from what I've researched. But there seems to be a big problem: battery life. From what I've read, the SE 2's battery is very low and is draining incredibly fast while watching videos. As someone who constantly watches/listens to videos in the background, this was a bit of a sad piece of information for me. I discovered the iPhone XR in the same price range, but I'm a little skeptical because it's a pretty old model. Anyone have any ideas on this? Do you think I should get the iPhone SE 2 or the iPhone XR?

Reactions: RayB4

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I would not get the iPhone XR in this day in age if apple drops IOS updates for it next year your going to end up just wasting your money

I would spend a little more and get your self iPhone SE 2022 you get the A15 chip now unless you don't need 5G then I would get the iPhone SE 2020 but keep in mind that it has the A13 chip so you may be looking at 1 or 2 more years of IOS updates tops for that phone so if you want to really future proof your self I get some in with at lest with a A15 chip in side

this web site has some Nic deals if you want to pick one up

john g.

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
I'd say the extra money spent on an iPhone 11 would be worth it. It would solve the battery/iOS support issues and has more features than the SE..
This.

I have had all three of these phones, and the 11 all the way.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
If I could I would definitely attempt to get iPhone 11. It’s a much better device and will be supported as long as the SE 2020.

Reactions: Matsamoto

Matsamoto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
I'd say the extra money spent on an iPhone 11 would be worth it. It would solve the battery/iOS support issues and has more features than the SE..
True!
If you can afford it, go for the iPhone 11.
Actually I don’t think there is a big price difference between a refurbed 11 and a SE 2020.
My wife still rocks a iPhone 11 and she is happy still after 3 1/3 years.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.