Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleStart2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
I'm in Ireland and one carrier is offering the iPhone SE for 199 Euro on a 40-Euro per month 24-month contract while the iPhone 11 is for 149 Euro on a 40-eur per month contract.

I was wondering if the iPhone SE 2020 is worth the 50 euro more? What upgrades are there on the SE over the 11?

carltabs

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2016

I would say that the 11 overall is a superior handset.

Reactions: one more

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was wondering if the iPhone SE 2020 is worth the 50 euro more? What upgrades are there on the SE over the 11?

Not trying to be dismissive, but if you do some simple-quick research, you can easily find out the differences between the iPhone SE and 11, there’s plenty of threads discussing that on this very site, I won’t answer the upgrades.

what it comes down to, is what you’re comfortable holding? If you’re manipulating the iPhone one-handed and that’s what you prefer, the SE can’t be rivaled. But if you really want something with a larger display, extended battery life, then obviously the iPhone 11 is the obvious choice. But it’s all about what you’re comfortable with in terms of actually holding/carrying.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looks like they have a promo price on the 11 (which has been out for longer) versus the SE which is relatively new. The only advantages of the SE is the size (if you don't like larger handsets), TouchID (for those that dislike FaceID, and for that frequently find themselves wearing a mask these days) and the cheaper price (which doesn't apply in this case!). The (2020) SE is an 8 with an upgraded A13 chip and an extra GB of RAM.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
That carrier’s deal makes no sense as the contract free price of iPhone SE bought directly from Apple is about 40% lower than that of iPhone 11. iPhone 11 has better cameras, more RAM and much better battery life. Its only “disadvantage” over SE is the size and weight. Try them both in your hand if you have a chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.