Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi I got a iPhone SE 2022 fir Christmas yesterday. I had a iPhone SE 2020. Aren’t they suppose to have the exact same screen? It seems like the 2022 color is a little different. Almost like a brownish color compared to 2020. Not sure if as clear either. Is this right? Anyway to fix it? Make it more like the 2020. Even the pictures that the camera takes with 2022 do not look as good as 2020. Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
They should be just about identical, but it's possible the True Tone settings are more advanced on the 2022, possibly more aggressive giving it a warmer look in certain lighting. You might mess with True Tone and see if that helps. Or make sure Night Shift isn't on as well.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
They looked essentially the same to me. Change the display settings until you see what you like.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
They should be just about identical, but it's possible the True Tone settings are more advanced on the 2022, possibly more aggressive giving it a warmer look in certain lighting. You might mess with True Tone and see if that helps. Or make sure Night Shift isn't on as well.
Was just going to mention True Tone (Settings > Display & Brightness), sounds like that would solve the issue.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Thanks. It certainly was not True Tone as that is off and with it on it is worse.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Was just going to mention True Tone (Settings > Display & Brightness), sounds like that would solve the issue.
Thanks. It certainly was not True Tone as that is off and with it on it is worse.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
There are panel variations even on the same model. I have two iPhone SE3s and one has a warmer tint compared to the other.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
There are panel variations even on the same model. I have two iPhone SE3s and one has a warmer tint compared to the other.
Yes this one looks bad. Do u think if I get a different one it would be different then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.