Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scandinavia3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2019
I posted a couple of months ago about my iPhone SE, which had terrible reception. I would have plenty of "bars" showing a good connection, but nobody could hear me when speaking on the phone. I went to the Genius Bar a couple of times, and they ran tests that showed that my iPhone was working perfectly, despite the fact that no one could hear me. They concluded that it was a problem with my cell service. To troubleshoot that, I took my SIM card out of the phone and put it into an old iPhone 6, which is -- obviously -- pretty ancient and had not been updated in many years. I carried that phone around with me for a week, and made lots of phone calls. No problems whatsoever. Everyone could hear me perfectly. Even when I went into a parking garage and my "bars" dropped to one. Even in elevators! I put the SIM card back into the iPhone SE 2022, and went back to lousy reception. I spoke with Apple's online support, and they agreed to replace the iPhone SE with a new phone. I received an obviously refurbished phone, but I thought that the problem was fixed. A few weeks later, I started having friends once again complain that they were having problems hearing me. I realized that the reception "disappeared" whenever I received a text. I thought that I could live with that. However, I started having random shutdowns of the phone. Honestly, I think that my first (original) iphone SE 2022 also did that. I would hold down the side power button, and it would come back on. This would happen when I had plenty of battery, so I didn't understand what would have caused it to shut down... but it happened only once/month, so I didn't worry too much about it. Now my replacement iPhone SE 2022 shut itself off overnight, and it won't power back on no matter how long I hold the side power button. I've made an appointment with the Genius Bar, but I'm a little concerned about retrieving all of my information. Most things are backed up to iCloud, but if Apple decides to replace the phone, should I be worried about someone else being able to access the information? Obviously, I didn't have a chance to sign out or wipe anything.

Lastly, am I really the only person who is having trouble with this phone?!! It is TERRIBLE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.