Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Cases purportedly designed for the fourth-generation iPhone SE have emerged online, further corroborating rumors that the device will feature a complete redesign to bring it in line with 2022's iPhone 14.

iphone-se-4-case.jpg

Screenshots of a video shared on X by the leaker known as "Majin Bu" validate reports that the fourth-generation iPhone SE will feature an iPhone 14-like all-screen design with a notch housing a TrueDepth camera array for Face ID, but with a single rear camera module like the current model. The images show a soft gel case around an aluminum mold engraved with the text "iPhone SE4." The current iPhone SE has an iPhone 8-like design with large top and bottom bezels, and a Touch ID Home button.

Last year, MacRumors revealed that the next-generation iPhone SE would largely re-use the design of the iPhone 14, including Face ID authentication and a 6.1-inch OLED display, but with a single rear camera, an Action button, and a USB-C port. The new iPhone SE is not expected to launch until 2025, but there have been an unusually large number of reports about its specific features and design elements in recent months.

Article Link: iPhone SE 4 Case Corroborates iPhone 14-Like Design Rumors

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
Now that this multiple-camera module craziness is likely solved I only wish for a latest A series chip, more battery life and convenient matte-finished plastic back as the iPhone 4C. The aluminium/titanium and glass enclosure is great, but I don't want to pay for this expensive extra.

Reactions: MartyvH

dynamojoe

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Miami, FL
There’s no way this should take another year to release unless Apple has a lot of current stock to sell first.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
If priced at £399-£429, these will probably sell very well I reckon.
Yup. It will have the specs of a 2-3 year old iPhone but with the warranty and OS support of the latest ones. That's sufficient for most needs. My GF and daughter got iPhone SE2 last year and it's impressive how usable it still is. Roblox, banking apps, entertainment and camera apps still work well.

Japan Ricardo

macrumors regular
May 11, 2022
So disappointing this cones with a notch instead of the island.
But not surprising. I don't think much of the island. The real step forward will be the invisible camera creating a totally full-screen display. Then suddenly every other iPhone will look old, in the same way as the ones with home buttons (including the current SE) do now.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Seems like people don't get the idea of an SE. It's not meant to be the latest tech. The performance will be good enough for those buying it and the price point is important too. Apple will support it for years so there is no worry.

That said, I think Apple should update the SE more often. Maybe every 2 years instead of every 3-4 years.

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
The SE has typically been introduced in the spring.

Original SE – March 2016
SE2 – March 2020
SE3 – March 2022

So it stands to reason that maybe we're due for the SE4 this year? It seems odd that they'd be making cases already if the launch isn't expected until next spring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.