Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatherineVeraGat

Suspended
Original poster
May 6, 2017
I just brought an iPhone SE a few days ago. I just want to know if it gets you through the day or if you have to charge it in the evening or what you have to do just to get it through the day.

(Please comment if you own an iPhone SE, I know that the battery can last up to 14 hours.)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I easily achieved 12/13 hours on my SE and never had it completely deplete on me on a daily basis. That was one of the strong points with the iPhone SE, was the battery life. I still charged it daily obviously, but it performed very well and the battery life was and is very reliable.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Mine lasts all day plus some with moderate use. I use it for calls, text, emails, music and light web surfing. I am at 50% at the end of the day.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I consider myself a heavy user and my SE battery easily lasts an entire day. This is with me streaming Spotify in my car via Bluetooth, instagram, twitter, Facebook, Reddit, emails and iMessage, wth light web browsing.

rich32gb5s

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Berkshire
Strangely my first 16gb SE battery life faired better than my current 64gb SE . Not sure why. I guess it's just luck of the draw with the battery batch I guess. So to your question I'm not impressed at all with my latest SE battery performance. I've been using iPhones since 2009.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I've been really happy with the battery life on my 32GB SE. With all-day music streaming and moderate touch screen usage, I'm sitting at about 60% battery at the end of the day. I've had Android phones in the past that would desperately need a recharge under the same usage patterns, although those devices often had less efficient CPUs and larger screens pushing more pixels. :p

I've noticed that my 128GB iPhone 7 doesn't fare quite as well with battery life, but then again, that's my work phone and I have a lot more push notifications going to it than my SE has.

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Heavy user, lasts me all day with sometimes 20-30% still left in the tank when I go to bed. Sometimes I charge it Thursday night, use it at work on Friday, use it only a little at home/out on Sat/Sun and don't have to plug it in for a charge again until I go to bed on Sunday night.

It's the best phone I've ever owned, and easily the best battery life out of any iPhone I've had (3G, 4, 5, 6, 6S). Now I also have the new 12.9" iPad Pro, and with that in combination with the SE, I now no longer have to worry about battery on all my mobile devices. I can just use them as much as I like without even thinking about it. It's like being back in the pre-smartphone era, and it's really liberating.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Strangely my first 16gb SE battery life faired better than my current 64gb SE . Not sure why. I guess it's just luck of the draw with the battery batch I guess. So to your question I'm not impressed at all with my latest SE battery performance. I've been using iPhones since 2009.

Same with me. I had a SE 16gb and anecdotally it seemed to have better battery life than my SE 64 go.

Reactions: rich32gb5s

rich32gb5s

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Berkshire
I've been really happy with the battery life on my 32GB SE. With all-day music streaming and moderate touch screen usage, I'm sitting at about 60% battery at the end of the day. I've had Android phones in the past that would desperately need a recharge under the same usage patterns, although those devices often had less efficient CPUs and larger screens pushing more pixels. :p

I've noticed that my 128GB iPhone 7 doesn't fare quite as well with battery life, but then again, that's my work phone and I have a lot more push notifications going to it than my SE has.
Ive just ordered the 128gb 7 so will be also able to report on battery life soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.