Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whalensdad

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
We switched to Verizon 1 month ago. I purchased my wife an iPhone SE. At our house my Android phone gets 3 bars but her phone only gets 1. Her phone also drops calls. I went into the VZ store yesterday and they did all the resetting stuff and put in a new sim card. It hasn't made a difference. The only option they gave me, since it was past the 14 days, was to order a replacement phone, which we did. If the problem shows up on the new phone, then it is a SE issue. So here are my questions:
1. Is this a common problem with the SE?
2. Does the iPhone 7 have the same issue?

Thanks

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
All I can tell you is my experience. I am on Verizon. Had the 6s plus for two years and maybe dropped 3 calls in all that time. Now have the SE (which I lurve!) I can't recall dropping a call yet on the SE after about 5 months or so with it.

Maybe you have a lemon?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
It's a bit silly not to enable wifi call as long as the device supports it. If the replacement phone exhibits the same issue, I would really consider enabling wifi calling on the SE and see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Applejuiced

conifer

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Do you have the SE model that works with Verizon? The model that works with Sprint is missing the most common Verizon band and I understand that means it could drop calls indoors. I have the Verizon one which I use on Sprint and it is fine although I understand it is missing the fast Sprint band.

edit: From memory, I think the Verizon one is A166 or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.