Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2019
HI,

In apple.com, i see that IPHONE SE (2020) is having Smart-HDR enabled (just like iphone 11 series) but i still see "Auto HDR"(like iphone 8 series) for front facing camera can some one please confirm if smart HDR is enabled on front camera or not? and how is front facing camera image quality?

Thanks

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I’m not sure about smart hdr on the front camera, but it definitely takes better images than my iPhone 8 Plus. Selfies are much more sharper, and have better exposure and colour in my opinion. Even though the camera hardware is identical to the iPhone 8, the A13 bionic chips computational photography on the SE renders much better overall images.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2019
I’m not sure about smart hdr on the front camera, but it definitely takes better images than my iPhone 8 Plus. Selfies are much more sharper, and have better exposure and colour in my opinion. Even though the camera hardware is identical to the iPhone 8, the A13 bionic chips computational photography on the SE renders much better overall images.

Thanks, I wanted to know if SE, 8/8plus selfie pictures quality is different , So as per your experience SE takes better selfie images than 8/8+.
Any one else observed the same if you are owning SE?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.