Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ragtopss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2017
This morning, while I was on my phone, the screen went black and a spinning circle appeared. My first thought was to do the hard reset by holding down the power and home button. This solved nothing, the apple logo came on and then it went back to the black screen.

I contacted apple support and they suggested that I update the software. So, I plugged it into iTunes, it did a backup and then installed the update. Once the update finished it said that it didn't complete correctly. So, Apple support said that I needed to complete the update in recovery mode.

In order to do that, I had to update my ITunes and then I put the phone in recovery mode by having it plugged in and holding down the power and home buttons continuously until the iTunes logo appeared. Once I opened iTunes, it gave me the option to restore or update and I clicked update. It then told me that it couldn't update and had to be restored. It did the restore and I ended up back in the same place.

Apple support then said to restore it to factory settings and then restore the backup. After I did the factory reset, it worked fine, no problems. Then I restored the backup and ended up with the same problem. So, apple support suggested that I simply restore to factory settings and then let restore contacts/reminders from icloud. This would be fine except that I have a lot of important things in my notes for my business and I somehow did not have those backed up.

I am looking for a way to recover the notes on my IPhone and then I will do the factory reset and upload from icloud. Apple support said that there are 3rd party apps that could do this but of course could not tell me where. I think its important to note that when I have my iPhone plugged in it connects and syncs to iTunes just fine and I even imported all of my photos. I am just looking for a way to recover my notes from my phone before doing the factory reset.

Any help would be appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.