Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
so the iPad Air technology of touchID power button surely be maximized because of its efforts and cost on R&D

do you think it wont hurt the more expensive iPhones

Kuo, the most reliable leaker, been saying and so many other leakers supporting that there will be an iPhone SE Plus early next year

if the iPhone SE Plus get an all-screen design or basically notchless?

these are the trade-offs I can see that Apple might be doing:

1. of course no faceID
2. no OLED screens but only LCD screens
3. no 5G
4. camera might not have night mode
5. camera lenses might be XS/XR level or maybe 11 lenses

what do you think?

Reactions: fancyrep

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
so the iPad Air technology of touchID power button surely be maximized because of its efforts and cost on R&D

do you think it wont hurt the more expensive iPhones

Kuo, the most reliable leaker, been saying and so many other leakers supporting that there will be an iPhone SE Plus early next year

if the iPhone SE Plus get an all-screen design or basically notchless?

these are the trade-offs I can see that Apple might be doing:

1. of course no faceID
2. no OLED screens but only LCD screens
3. no 5G
4. camera might not have night mode
5. camera lenses might be XS/XR level or maybe 11 lenses

what do you think?

This would be an amazing phone, but the problem for Apple is that it would look better than the more expensive Notched Face ID phones. Apple would then have to gimp it, to not cannibalise their flagship phones.

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
I don't think the iPhone SE plus will ever exist.

Apple have enough phones.

that's what they said before too

and Kuo basically leaked this so it will happen
[automerge]1602769500[/automerge]
This would be an amazing phone, but the problem for Apple is that it would look better than the more expensive Notched Face ID phones. Apple would then have to gimp it, to not cannibalise their flagship phones.

exactly they will make compromises.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Going to sit weirdly in the line-up, and where is it going to be priced?

SE 2020 will be there with big bezels and a regular button then a "Plus" model will be completely different. Doesn't make sense to me.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Simple, once they launch SE Plus, they’ll stop selling 11/XR. Pretty simple.

12 series and SE series. That’s it.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm thinking SE Plus is just a 8 Plus with new CPU. No way their going to redesign it just to call it a SE.

Exactly, a whole separate production line, R&D costs, new tech all in a "budget" phone doesn't make sense when the current SE and 11/XR pick up the rest of the sales the 12 doesn't reach.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
if Apple gets rid of the notch on just the SE version, all those so-called notch lovers (“ the notch is fine, you don’t even notice it”) on the premium phones will be DEVASTATED. Probably rioting will happen.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It will probably use the same design as the XR/11, including the same screen with notch. The notch will only have the speaker and selfie camera, but not the rest of the FaceID hardware. Not sure which cameras it will have but it will probably get the A14. It will replace the XR in the lineup and 11 may be retired at the same time too... Just my guesses... we’ll see what happens!

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
i would also love for it to have NO camera bump.
just a flat even slab

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.