Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Is there any truth to the rumor my friends heard that the iPhone SE is going to be discontinued soon? My wife wants to buy one--she likes the small size--and doesn't want to wait too long before buying one next month.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is there any truth to the rumor my friends heard that the iPhone SE is going to be discontinued soon? My wife wants to buy one--she likes the small size--and doesn't want to wait too long before buying one next month.

There has been no confirmation from Apple that they're going to discontinue the SE. I imagine it will be in their lineup until at least next spring if we see a Keynote in March. But for what you're receiving with the iPhone SE, you could find them relatively cheap and it's a great iPhone.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There is a rumor that it may be replaced with an upgraded version in the spring. The current SE should remain in the lineup until then, and if there isn't a replacement for the SE announced around March then the current SE will probably stick around in the lineup until fall 2018.

Reactions: andreyush

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Does that matter?

I have a 4s and a 5 in addition to my 6s+. Both discontinued, the 5 after only one year as the Apple flagship.

Both continue to perform quite well.

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Does that matter?

I have a 4s and a 5 in addition to my 6s+. Both discontinued, the 5 after only one year as the Apple flagship.

Both continue to perform quite well.

Agreed. I still have a 4s as a backup and it works just fine. Especially after deleting the Facebook app. For some reason that made a big difference. But it runs quickly enough and it’s still a very usable phone.

Reactions: eyoungren

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Great phone for the money. I imagine Apple will keep it as long as it sells or a new version is released.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Great phone for the money. I imagine Apple will keep it as long as it sells or a new version is released.

Amazing phone, available for $129 if you don’t mind being tied to StraightTalk through Walmart. Best phone $100 will buy, better than most $500 phones. Same chip/camera as the 6S. Love the form factor and batt life. Day of standby 10 hours of usage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.