Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Please find attached the photo i clicked of my mom's iPhone SE.. the screen looks like it got a defect in it with LCD lines..

The warranty has expired a month back and phone was kept in good condition. No falls or dents!

What might be the issue ?

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 419

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
No i tried cleaning it but it its still there.. its inside the LCD screen .. i tried resets also but didnt help..

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I can't tell from your picture --- is there any kind of screen protector on the screen?

Although the warranty may be done - you could have a "genius" take a look at the screen. They may have a better idea, or can at least tell you what it might take to fix the screen. You can decide what you could do at that time.

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
I can't tell from your picture --- is there any kind of screen protector on the screen?

Although the warranty may be done - you could have a "genius" take a look at the screen. They may have a better idea, or can at least tell you what it might take to fix the screen. You can decide what you could do at that time.
No, i dont use any screen protectors..

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The angle of the bright area is unusual, but the tearing at the top edge of that anomaly makes that look like a crack in the screen. Again, let someone look at it that has seen a variety of screen "defects" --- even one of those screen repair kiosks over at the mall, for another opinion.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

The iPhone appears to be used in India using Vodafone, which they don't have access to Geniuses in all likeness. What you're likely seeing, is impact from a drop or some type of force causing the LCD display to partially separate or 'tearing' from the display. I know the OP stated there was no "Drops", but I have observed something similar before and it's end result was from being subjected to a drop on an angle, causing the display to emit light unevenly from the panel. The only thing to repair this is replace the whole display.

OP, just my opinion on the situation. But given the circumstances, that seems to be the only solution is to replace the display as a whole if it's out of warranty.

Last edited:

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
The iPhone appears to be used in India using Vodafone, which they don't have access to Geniuses in all likeness. What you're likely seeing, is impact from a drop or some type of force causing the LCD display to partially separate or 'tearing' from the display. I know the OP stated there was no "Drops", but I have observed something similar before and it's end result was from being subjected to a drop on an angle, causing the display to emit light unevenly from the panel. The only thing to repair this is replace the whole display.

OP, just my opinion on the situation. But given the circumstances, that seems to be the only solution is to replace the display as a whole if it's out of warranty.
Maybe you are right.. The display needs to be changed indeed !! However, the touch works even on that LCD tear stain ..

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Please find attached the photo i clicked of my mom's iPhone SE.. the screen looks like it got a defect in it with LCD lines..

The warranty has expired a month back and phone was kept in good condition. No falls or dents!

What might be the issue ?

Have Apple check it out. If CC used to purchase it perhaps it is still covered by warranty for the second year?

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Strange as most defects are vertical or horizontal, this diagonal defect is strange indeed.
Exactly.. and the diagonal seems to be longer than usual now.. never had a screen defect with apple devices i had in last 10 years..

Lousy quality Control maybe ? Mind you SE was already replaced by Apple due to other defects during the warranty cycle

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Exactly.. and the diagonal seems to be longer than usual now.. never had a screen defect with apple devices i had in last 10 years..

Lousy quality Control maybe ? Mind you SE was already replaced by Apple due to other defects during the warranty cycle

Just take it back and have them replace it. I have friends who have the SE and it has been flawless. Guess I am lucky as in over 9 years, I have yet to have a iPhone replaced due to any defect.

Reactions: Sunny1990

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Just take it back and have them replace it. I have friends who have the SE and it has been flawless. Guess I am lucky as in over 9 years, I have yet to have a iPhone replaced due to any defect.
Warranty is Over my friend !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.