Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatherineVeraGat

Suspended
Original poster
May 6, 2017
I have a 32GB iPhone SE and it is already almost full. I take a ton of photos every week.

Can I hook up my external hard drive (Western Digital MyPassport 1TB hard drive) to my iPhone SE using an USB 3.0 to lighting cable? Or do I have to use iCloud or something similar to that?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
You can't directly connect the hard drive to the phone, you can either use a computer to transfer the data to the hard drive or have iCloud storage to automatically back everything up and store your photos on iCloud or have both just to be safe. One backup is never a good idea.

Reactions: 44267547

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Th photos and video are your biggest issues. Then try google phtots, onedrive or any similar product, they should help cut down on the space issue.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Like @akash.nu mentioned, you can use iCloud to move your photos to. Alternatively, you can use Dropbox or Google Photos to dump your images. I have 32GB iPhone's as well, and once a week, I launch the Google Photos app to move images over there which frees up a good amount of space on my devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.