Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superiska123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Kind of a silly question, but how different do you think the black iPhone SE will be compared to the Jet Black iPhone 7 and Space Gray iPhone 8? And additionally, how different will the white SE be to the silver 8?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The colors are less metallic for SE2. Metallic colors convey a more expensive look.

This is similar to the way XR and 11 get black, white, red while 11 Pro gets space gray, silver, and gold.

superiska123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Thanks for the replies! The white SE looks more similar to the 8 than i expected, at least based on that picture... And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're right about the black iPhone SE looking similar to the jet black iPhone 7!

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

superiska123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Yeah I noticed that! Looking back, I really wish I got the jet black instead of the silver 7... IMO, it's easily the best looking out of all of the 6-6s-7-8-SE phones.

Reactions: na1577

CrazyForCashews

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2018
Yeah I noticed that! Looking back, I really wish I got the jet black instead of the silver 7... IMO, it's easily the best looking out of all of the 6-6s-7-8-SE phones.
Sure the Jet Black iPhone 7 models looked nice, but that was the only thing going for them; being pretty.

Being pretty came at a cost, they scratched so damn easily and something as simple as just looking at them would make them scratch. Not only that but they were mega fingerprint and smudge magnets.

Reactions: superiska123

superiska123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
I figured as much... OTOH, my iPhone still looks flawless. Maybe silver was a good decision after all!

superiska123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Bumping this ancient thread... I never managed to find decent comparison pics of the black iPhones and I'd still be very curious to see the differences! Thanks to anyone who might share pics in advance :)

Quarric

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
I've got a black SE2 coming in the next day or two. Currently using a black 8 will see if I can get any decent comparison pics.

Reactions: superiska123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.