Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spesifikbrush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
TL’DR: Switching from Android to iPhone, invested on iOS too, can only afford SE (size is no problem), asking if Apple Watch will enhance the iPhone experience or not.

I’ve used both platforms an extended period of time. I’m invested in both of them, but mostly on iOS (cuz of my iPad Pro). I’ve owned an iPhone 4s, 5s, 6s and a 7. They were perfect. I always liked iPhone’s cuz of their simplicity and ease of use. And, for some reason, iOS virtual keyboard has always felt much more responsive than Android keyboards (even the stock ones).

But, other than “just working”, iPhone’s have been boring to me. I consider myself a big tech enthusiast. I’m recently thinking about if having an Apple Watch would make iPhone more enjoyable to use. I listen to music outside a lot with my Beats X and use Siri moderate amount of time everyday. The newest iPhone I can afford without budget constraints (since I’ll also buy an Apple Watch) is the SE. For the watch, I’m considering a 38mm Series 1 (my wrists are very thin anyways), since I don’t need GPS nor swim a lot. I also don’t mind the small screen of SE, I even love the form factor of it.

A fun fact, I’m just an iPhone away from the full Apple ecosystem.

What do you think of my thoughts? Also, I’d like to hear your Apple Watch experiences.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Yes, the AW is definitely something that adds to the experience. The SE is an excellent device, and is really a pleasure to use day to day.

I don’t mess with the fitness aspects of the watch, but that’s a big part of the package. However, it’s great for checking texts, email, notifications, temperature, heart rate etc.

I’d get the Series 2 for the waterproof factor. You don’t want to worry about getting it wet, and the Series 2 are waterproof.

I have the Stainless Steel with the Milanese loop. The Steel is heavier, but feels SO much nicer than the aluminum. Also, the Stainless Steel models have the Sapphire glass, which is impervious to scratches.

spesifikbrush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Yes, the AW is definitely something that adds to the experience. The SE is an excellent device, and is really a pleasure to use day to day.

I don’t mess with the fitness aspects of the watch, but that’s a big part of the package. However, it’s great for checking texts, email, notifications, temperature, heart rate etc.

I’d get the Series 2 for the waterproof factor. You don’t want to worry about getting it wet, and the Series 2 are waterproof.

I have the Stainless Steel with the Milanese loop. The Steel is heavier, but feels SO much nicer than the aluminum. Also, the Stainless Steel models have the Sapphire glass, which is impervious to scratches.

Series 2 starts at 490 dollars in my country. I found a used Series 1 for 180, gonna go with it. Series 1 still has splash resistance, it’s okay with me.

I’ll try to get active with the loop things, they seem motivating to me. But, that’s the only fitness aspect I’ll be using it for. Thanks for your comment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.